In this post we want to share you information about everything you need to…
On a visit to Buenos Aires we recommend guided tours at the Colón Theatre, one of the best theatres in the world. You will know a piece of its history of more than a hundred years in the service of the Argentine culture and world.
The Colón Theatre worked in two buildings, the first one located in May Square until 1888, and the second one located opposite Lavalle Square, which took 20 years to be built until its inauguration in 1908 with the Aida de Giuseppe Verdi ópera.
It is world renowned for its acoustics and the value of the artistic construction and comparable with the most important lyrical theaters of the world such as Scala in Milan, the Paris Opera, Vienna State Opera, Covent Garden in London and the Metropolitan in New York.
Guided visits to the Colón Theatre
How is the tour?
The guided visit lasts approximately 50 minutes and the tour consists of the following places:
- Foyer: Important entrance hall in double height dominated by a staircase of honor with marbles of different colors and crowned by French stained glass.
- Gallery of busts: Decorated according to the “French” fashion of early 20th century, it is a permanent centre of concerts of Chamber music, lectures and exhibitions parallel to the activity of the room.
- Room: The most important stage of the country, famous around the world for its acoustics and wealth. On its stage performed the most relevant personalities of the lyrical, ballet and music.
- Colón Theatre. Tucumán 1171.
- Guided tours to the Colón Theatre are performed every day, including holidays (except 1, 24, 25 of May and 31 of December and 1 January)
- The departures are every 15 minutes between 9 am and 17 pm.
- While free functions are carried out at 11 pm in the theatre, guided tours will be suspended between 10 am and 13:30 hs.
- When evening functions are programmed at 17hs, last visit will be at 15 pm.
Visits for groups
- For visits for groups of more than 20 people, contact at 7128 4378 or by email: email@example.com
- Reservations are not made for Saturdays and Sundays.
How much does it cost?
- General admission: $200.
- Promotional rates
- Residents in Argentina presenting identity card: $80.
- Pensioner Resident: $40 (Monday)
- Resident college students (with student ID): $40 (Monday)
- Contingent of private school: $40 per student (reservation required)
- Contingent of public school: For free (reservation required)
- People with disabilities with a companion: For free.
- Under 7 years of age: For free (must get its ticket in box office)
- Tickets can be purchased at the ticket office located in El Paseo de los Carruajes, entering by Tucumán 1171.
- Click here to buy tickets online.
For more information please call at 4378-7127/8 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to guided tours for the Colón Theatre you can attend to some of the shows: there are operas, concerts and ballets. Click here to check the calendar of events.