The 16th edition of Expo Wines will be held from 15 to September 17, from 6 to 11 pm at the Pavilion Frers of La Rural.
Visiting Argentina and not going to a wine tasting is like not having gone to the country. So today we share you an excellent plan so you can enjoy the stay in the country.
Each year the wines & wineries Expo has become the meeting place par excellence of the wine lovers. This event, that brings to the main wineries of Argentina, invites to taste flavors and to travel around the country through its wines.
During three days you may appreciate the different wines of the 40 Argentine wineries enjoying their features, aromas and flavors, along with the gastronomic offer of the Food Trucks.
Expo wines invites you to meet and learn about the different wine-producing regions: the route of Malbec, emblematic strain of the Argentina; the route of the Torrontés, an autochthonous white variety with great presence in the North of the country; the Crianza route intended to know and understand the different denominations that we find in the tags; the path to non-traditional varieties which are transported to the Tempranillo, Bonarda and Cabernet Franc and sweets and sparkling wines route, an ideal category for cocktails, desserts and festivities.
The tour is organized by the school of Sommeliers of the Gato Dumas,who will offer tastings guided.
Wineries that participate
Among the wineries that participate in the exhibition are: Bodega Altus, Bodega Fabre, Finca Sophenia, Bodegas Bianchi, Bodega del Fin del Mundo, Casarena Bodega y Viñedos, Bodega Norton, Viña las Perdices, Domaine Bousquet, Chakana Wines, Bodega Domingo Hermano, RPB, Bodega Tapiz, Bodega Trivento, Huarpe Wine, Bodega Salentein, Bodega Santa Julia, Bodega La Memé, Antonio Mas, RJ Viñedos, Bodega Riglos, JLW Wines, Estancia Mendoza, Viñas de UCO, Pontilli Wines, Mendoza Vineyards, Don Héctor, Bodega La Rural, Bodega Patritti, Bodega Schroeder, Bodega Secreto Patagónico, Escorihuela and Grupo Monet.
Wines & Wineries Challenge
In this edition there will be a contest called Wines & Wineries Challenge where attendees can rate the wines you are testing and thus reward to the favorites. The tasting will be blind and they can vote wines grouped in different categories (best strain, best ratio price/quality, best blend, among others).
The exhibition will also feature very good gastronomic proposals of the Food Trucks of Los Petersen, Guapaletas and Chivitos Rex, among others. In addition the visitors may access to the market Gourmet that will offer products organic as well as those selected especially for the occasion.
Visitors can take a delicious souvenir (ideal for foreign tourists) in the wine shop “Enogarage”, where they will sell different varieties of wine enjoyed at the fair. Club BonVivir, the No. 1 in the country, will also participate with different tastings; and Wine World with its cavas wine units.
We share a map of the venue.
Expo Wines: Useful Information
- From 15 to 17 September. From 6 to 11 pm.
How much does the entry cost?
- The ticket costs $250 and includes 12 cups of wine tasting.
Where can I get tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased at the box office during the event.
- Children under 18 are not allowed.
- Pavilion Frers of La Rural.
- Pedestrian Access: Av. Santa Fe 4363.
- Parking: The venue has 1,500 parking underground in Av. Sarmiento 2704 and Av. Cerviño 4444.
How to get?
- Subway: Take the line D (green) and get off at the Station Plaza Italia.
- Bus: The lines that pass through La Rural are: 10, 12, 15, 29, 36, 37, 38, 39, 41,42, 55, 59, 60, 64, 67, 68, 93, 95, 108, 111, 118, 124, 141, 152, 160, 161 y 188
- Car: We share you an interactive map where explain you how to get by car from the site where you are. Click here to access the page.
- Taxi: To calculate how much costs a taxi click here and place the point of origin and the end and you will provide an estimate price.