Glaciers are the main attraction of El Calafate and the best way to experience them is through a tour to the National Park. But there are several trips to do. One of the many tours that tourist agencies offer is the Mini Trekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier. Today we want to talk about the Ice Rivers Express excursion.
Excursion in El Calafate: Ice Rivers Express
This tour is ideal for sailing lovers. Full day sailing very similar to All Glaciers tour but covers only the northern arm of Lake Argentino. The tour goes through the Spegazzini and the Upsala glaciers, entering the bays that they form and also includes sailing in the cord of icebergs located about 20 km from the Upsala glacier.
In case of recruiting the tour transportation from your hotel, they will pick you up around 7:30 Am and will undertake the journey of 40 Km to Punta Bandera, where the boat departs at 9 o’clock. In case of having your own vehicle, you must get to the port of Punta Bandera at 8:30 Am.
The navigation runs between spectacular icebergs of immense size and varied forms. From the boat you will see, among others, the Upsala, the Spegazzini and the Perito Moreno glaciers, the largest and highest respectively among all glaciers in the park.
Keep in mind that boats have very good heating and you only need to go out on deck in case you want to take pictures
It is true that ship photographers take the best positions to sell the photo but there is much more space on the deck to take your own pictures. If you have patience there is enough time to take photos and also enjoy the beautiful views.
Take into account
What to bring
- The passengers must bring their own lunch.
- You should carry comfortable and warm clothes, waterproof jacket, sunglasses, suncreen and camera.
- Approximately 8 hours.
- It is suitable for all ages.
- The tour costs AR$ 1,790. The tour not includes the entry to the National Park or the lunch.
- Children (7-16 years) pay $1290. Children up to 6 years do not pay.
- Services of transfer available (AR$420).
- Morning: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- Afternoon: 11:30 am – 8:00 pm.
- Spanish and english.
VIP Captain’s Club
- For those passengers wishing to make the trip in a more exclusive class, there is also the Captain’s Club (VIP Captain’s Club). This room, with capacity for 18 people, includes Open Bar with cafeteria and drinks, a 4 steps menu (breakfast, appetizer, lunch and toast with the captain) combined with a unique panoramic view of the glaciers. Furthermore, you will have preferential location within the boat and a host and guide available throughout the tour.
- Patagonia Chic
- Address: Charles Furh 149. El Calafate, Santa Cruz.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +54 (2902)497575.
- Reservations: Click here to book. Tip: It is advisable to book in advance to avoid the lack of availability. All reservations must be paid through “MercadoPago” or “Paypal”.