Buenos Aires es considerada la capital latinoamericana de la moda por la gran cantidad de…
If you’re in Montevideo, its raining and you decide to go shopping one of the options is Montevideo Shopping. It currently has more than 200 stores distributed in 3 levels, being the biggest shopping centre and entertainment of Uruguay.
A bit of history
This shopping, located between the residential neighborhoods of Pocitos and Puerto del Buceo, was pioneer. It opened in 1985 and was the first commercial center of the Río de La Plata. The creation of this shopping where you could find all in a same place, changed the habits of the montevideans who were accustomed to go shopping to the 18 of July Avenue.
Although today it is not the only shopping in Montevideo despite the years it has been maintained and exceeded. Because of its strategic location and its variety of brands since 1985 and after 21 extensions, the shopping gets about 1,400,000 visitors a month.
Montevideo Shopping offers all kinds of products: women, men and children clothing, casual dress, appliances, optical, sporting goods, toy store, bookstores, lingerie, jewelry, shoes and wallets, decoration and Bazaar, perfumeries and pharmacy.
At the Mall there are national and international brands. Its favorite local is Forever 21, with an exclusive level dedicated to that local. There are major brands: Zara, Gap, Adidas, Levis, Nike, Puma, CAT, Crocs, Daniel Cassin, Arredo, La Dolfina, Brooksfield, among others.
Montevideo Shopping also has a branch of the Tienda Inglesa hypermarket, a food court and the largest center of entertainment in the country, with 10 multiplex cinemas, two theaters, 2000 m2 intended exclusively for children and a casino with more than 600 slots of last generation.
Tips to take account in Montevideo Shopping
- In Montevideo Shopping several locals are attached to the Global Tax Free. Once you make the purchase at the store they will give you a voucher that you have to deliver it at the point of departure (port, airport, etc.) to do the procedure. After a few days you will see reflected back to your credit card. Click here to see which local are attached to the tax free.
- If you need cash from ATMs and you have only a bank account in pesos, use the Brou Network ATMs. On the other network you can only withdraw money having a bank account in dollars. Both networks charge a commission for extraction of $100 Uruguayan.
- You can download the official application of Montevideo Shopping for information about promotions and news. To download the application click here.
Useful Information about Montevideo Shopping
- Luis Alberto de Herrera 1290.
- Every day from 10 am to 10 pm.
- There is a parking for 2051 vehicles in six levels.
- There is a limit of up to 2 free hours and options for additional hours.
- Public telephones
- Children Strollers
- Bathrooms for children
- Breastfeeding room
- Guard care
- WiFi in the food court
- Mechanical assistance