Talking about Mendoza is to talk about wineries and wines. The tours to the vineyards…
The gastronomy of Peru has been classified by many expert chefs as one of the best in the world because of its wide variety of flavours and aromas, so authentic as ancient, as well as its nutritional richness. The city of Cusco, especially, has one of the best dishes of the Andes Peruvian where prevails the use of the potato and the corn. On your visit to the Peruvian city this are the 5 Must-Eat Dishes.
Peruvian cuisine: 5 Must-Eat Dishes
1) Caldo de Gallina: It’s a classic. Soup with a piece of chicken, rice, moraya white and onion chinese chopped and seasonings that give it a nice flavor.
2) Cuy Chactado Cusqueño: Cuy with herbs and seasonings and cooked in clay oven. When already brittle, you remove it from the oven and served with potatoes baked and hearty chili.
3) Sanchochado / Puchero: It is a typical dish from Carnival. It is a cow breast, a head of lamb, bacon and potatoes boiled. Then leaves of cabbage, moraya, chickpeas, sweet potatoes, peaches and rice. It serves the broth only and separate all it boiled.
4) Chuño Cola: It is a spicy soup based potatoes dehydrated and dried to the sun, called chuño. It is accompanied by garbanzo beans, rice, and various meats. It is a dish that can be eaten at any time of the year.
5) Olluquito con charqui cusqueño: It is one of the most representative dishes since it has two ingredients that are exclusively Peruvian: olluco, a type of potato growing in the Andes and charqui which is the dried llama meat.
BONUS TRACK: Useful information about Cusco