Asunción is a special destination for a weekend getaway. Less than two hours of plane from Buenos Aires, Asunción has green spaces, tranquility and the modernity of their commercial centers. Today I want to share with you what to do a weekend in Asuncion.
The area of Villa Morra, few minutes of the airport, is the ideal for stay by its offer of shopping malls and gastronomy of first level.
What do a weekend in Asunción
- Every day at 9.30 am. the city tour departs from the Shopping del Sol and has a duration of three hours.
- There you can visit the Palace of Government, Asuncion’s Bay, the commercial center of the city, the Pantheon of Heroes, the Cathedral, the new Bohemian neighborhoods of the city, among other points of interest.
- This town, on the shores of Ypacarai Lake, and only 30 minutes from Asuncion, stands out for their crafts in ceramics that we can appreciate and acquire in the countless buildings on its main streets.
- You can reach in public transportation that runs on Aviadores del Chaco and by car, taking the road to the town of Luque.
Shopping del Sol
- Next to the main building a huge Forever 21 local meets a varied range in clothing for man, woman and child, footwear, lingerie and wide sizes. Their prices are very convenient.
- Must-see: Aphrodyte perfumery with discounts of 25% to foreign tourists.
Paseo La Galería
- This mall was recently opened. It stands out for its extreme luxury brands.
- You can find the first branch in Asunción of the famous store of imported goods Monalisa of Ciudad del Este.
- Sax shop offers brands like Valentino, Roberto Cavalli, Hugo Boss, among others.
- They also are located Zara and Zara Home.
- Dont forget to ask for your discount card in Customer Attention
- On Palma Street there are lots of electronics shops, stores and outlets of international sports brands.
- The gastronomic offer is excellent for its quality, variety, abundance and price.
- In the food courts of the malls there are locals with buffet-style service and food per kilo in the Brazilian style.
- You can also find first class restaurants on the Av. Aviadores del Chaco and in the area of Paseo Carmelitas.
- Asunción City Tour: Shopping del Sol (Planta Baja) Av. Aviadores del Chaco esq. Prof. Delia González.
- Paseo La Galería: Av. Santa Teresa esq. Aviadores del Chaco.