In this post we want to share you information about everything you need to…
In this article you will find useful information to travel to Uruguay: Entry requirements, how rent a vehicle, communications, useful applications for download, where to buy, and much more.
Useful information to travel to Uruguay
- As a main requirement to enter the country, it is imperative to travel with updated passport, with the exception of citizens of Argentina and Brazil, which may only present their national identification cards.
- The following countries do not need visa to travel to the Uruguay by tourism: Andorra, Alemania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgica, Belice, Bolivia, Brasil, Bulgaria, Canadá, Chile, Chipre, Colombia, Corea del Sur, Costa Rica, Croacia, Dinamarca, Ecuador, El Salvador, El Salvador, Eslovaquia, Eslovenia, España, Estados Unidos, Estonia, Finlandia, Francia, Gran Bretaña, Grecia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungría, Irlanda, Islandia, Israel, Italia, Jamaica, Japón, Letonia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Malasia, Malta, México, Mónaco, Nicaragua, Noruega, Nueva Zelanda, Holanda, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, Portugal, Polonia, Rumania, Rusia, San Marino, Serbia, Islas Seychelles, Singapur, Sudáfrica, Suiza, Suecia, Trinidad y Tobago, Turquía y Venezuela.
- The website of the National Migration Directorate maintains a list updated with countries that need to obtain visa, can be accessed by clicking here.
- You can stay in Uruguay as tourists for 90 days, which are renewable for another 90 days more in the Department of the National Direction of Migration.
Rent a car
- If you wish to rent a car to travel around the country, it is important to consider that the rental agencies normally require:
- Have between 23 and 75 years of age.
- Present (from any country) valid driver’s license with a minimum of two years old.
- Identity card or passport
- Credit card
- It is not necessary to apply a vaccine to enter Uruguay.
- The official currency is the Uruguayan peso.
- The US dollar is generally accepted in shops, supermarkets and restaurants.
- Most frequent acceptance credit cards are VISA, MasterCard and Diners Club.
- Money exchange and bank hours: Monday to Friday from 13-18 hs.
- We recommend checking any converter like XE conversor to see how is the change and avoid to pay commissions or unfavourable changes.
- In Uruguay there is not a regulation with regard to the regime of tips, however leave between 8 and 10%.
- Business hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 19:00 hs. On Saturday, businesses are open until noon (from 9 to 13 hours) and Sundays are closed.
- The shopping malls open from 10 to 22 hs all days including Saturday and Sunday.
- In Uruguay 220 volts are used.
What to do
- In the following posts we share you some options to do in Montevideo:
- Technology has become a very useful tool for tourism and in Uruguay have developed several useful applications.
- Uruguay Natural Official: Available in Google Play and Apple Store.
- Colonia del Sacramento Guide: Available en Google Play.
- Montevideo: 5 Apps you need when traveling to Montevideo
Nightlife & entertainment
- In the following posts we share you some options to enjoy the nightlife of Montevideo: