El Calafate is one of the places of our country that allows to enjoy to the maximum of its landscape, gastronomy and activities. It is located near the Andes mountain range and is currently considered the most important tourist city in the province, with a stable population estimated at 20000 inhabitants. With the arrival of spring, its vegetation begins to blossom and without doubt it is a great station to visit for the first time or to return to this Patagonian enclave. In this post we tell you what to do in El Calafate during the spring.
What to do in El Calafate during the spring
Spring (from September to December) is a pleasant time in terms of climate and with more accessible prices. Also there are not so many tourists. The good thing about visiting the glacier in spring are the colors of the vegetation and the flora totally captivating.
1) What to do in El Calafate during the spring: Visit the Perito Moreno Glacier
The glaciers are the main attraction of El Calafate and, the best way to visit them, is through a tour of the Los Glaciares National Park. But when you get to El Calafate you discover that there are several tours to do. If you are interested in travel to El Calafate during the spring we recommend you to read the following posts with more information:
Minitrekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier: The minitrekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier is the most complete day trip because you do everything in one tour: sailing, trekking and wildlife watching.
Safari Boat, navigation in El Calafate: The excursion begins in the port “Under the shadows” (at 7 km from the viewpoint of the glacier), where you take the catamaran to undertake through the Brazo Rico, where you can see the icebergs from the walls of ice from the Perito Moreno glacier. The boat’s located a safe distance from the wall of the glacier, traveling in its entirety and allowing spot landslides occurring there. Ride provides the possibility of watching stunning shapes and colours of the Perito Moreno glacier with a totally different perspective. It is ideal to capture spectacular photographs.
2) What to do in El Calafate during the spring: Take a tour and navigate to the Spegazzini and Upsala glaciers
- Excursion in El Calafate: Ice Rivers Express: This tour is ideal for sailing lovers. Full day sailing very similar to All Glaciers tour but covers only the northern arm of Lake Argentino. The tour goes through the Spegazzini and the Upsala glaciers, entering the bays that they form and also includes sailing in the cord of icebergs located about 20 km from the Upsala glacier.
3) What to do in El Calafate during the spring: Take advantage of the nice weather and horseback
- Spring is ideal for horseback riding. There are rides of short or long duration and both for adults and for children. In this post we share an overview of all the horseback riding in El Calafate so you can decide what you like most.