The Museum of Latin American Art of Buenos Aires, best known as MALBA, is one of the most visited tourist spots for tourists and it is an ideal plan for rainy days in Buenos Aires.
Located in the Palermo district and opened in 2001 the Museum aims to arouse interest by Latin American artists. In that sense, it brings together the art collection of the Costantini Foundation with great works of 20th century Latin American artists such as Frida Kahlo, Roberto Matta, Diego Rivera, Xul Solar, Emilio Pettoruti, Antonio Berni, Tarsila do Amaral and Wilfredo Lam.
The 220 works of art belong to different formats such as paintings, photographs, prints, sculptures, drawings and objects making a large collection of talented artists.
In addition the MALBA offers temporary exhibitions of Argentine and international artists. It has its own cinema, a shop to buy souvenirs and a prestigious restaurant inside.
In case you want to know the temporary works that will be exhibiting during your stay in Buenos Aires we recommend to visit the Museum´s calendar.
- Address: Av. Figueroa Alcorta 3415. Palermo. CABA.
- Telephone: +54 11 4808 6500.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: malba.org.ar
How to get there
- By bus: Lines that stop on Av. Figueroa Alcorta are 67, 102, 130, 124. Others (in a four-block radious): 10, 37, 38, 41, 59, 60, 67, 92, 93, 95, 108, 110, 118, 128.
- On foot: From the Recoleta Cemetery is approximately 25 minutes walk.
- By car: We share you an interactive map. Click here to access the page.
- By taxi: Click here to estimate your taxi fare.
- By subway: Take line D (green) and get off at Bulnes or Scalabrini Ortiz Station. But from Santa Fe Av. to the Museum you must walk several blocks.
- General: $90.
- Students, teachers and retirees accredited: $45.
- Under 5 years: free.
- People with disabilities: Free.
- ICBC customers: 20% off / MALBA shop Club La Nation Premium 10%: 2 X 1 Monday and Thursday Associates Medife Silver, Gold and Platinum: 2 X 1 Social Secure ASE: 2 x 1 presenting the company voucher.
- General: $45.
- Students, teachers and retirees accredited: Free.
- People with disabilities: Free.
- Monday to Thursday: 12:00 to 20:00.
- Wednesday: 12:00 to 21:00.
- Tuesday: closed.
- Holidays: The Museum opens from 12 to 20, except Tuesdays.
- Wednesday to Monday from 12:00 to 20:00.
- General: $55.
- Students and pensioners: $28.
- International releases and films with live music: $80.
- Students and pensioners: $40.
- Subscription: $240.
- Students and pensioners: $120.
- Daily from 9:00 to 20:00.
- Friday and Saturday until 24:00.
- Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 5 pm.
- The Museum offers guided tours in English and Spanish for closed groups. It is necessary to book in advance by phone.
We have a plan to recommend to those tourists who are visiting the city of Buenos Aires during summer. It is ideal for rainy days or to appease high temperatures. During January and February the Museum of Modern Art (MAMBA) offers two exhibitions of first level artists: Picasso and Berni. The artists celebrate the 60 years of the Museum -located in San Telmo- with two new exhibitions in the city.
Have you ever imagine attending a Museum at night? Learn and enjoy the art under the Moon? This is your opportunity: Long Night of Museums 2016. On Saturday, October 29 will be a new edition of one of the most anticipated events of the Buenos Aires cultural calendar. From 2004 is developed in a classic of the city of Buenos Aires since summons to a crowd with its attractive cultural proposal in an inusual time: from them 8 pm until 3 am. The night of the museums of Buenos Aires is totally free for residents and tourists. You can go on foot, bus or bike.