We have a plan to recommend to those tourists who are visiting the city of Buenos Aires during summer. It is ideal for rainy days or to appease high temperatures. During January and February the Museum of Modern Art (MAMBA) offers two exhibitions of first level artists: Picasso and Berni. The artists celebrate the 60 years of the Museum -located in San Telmo- with two new exhibitions in the city.
Modern Art Museum with Picasso and Berni exhibitions
Pablo Picasso was one of the greatest modern painters. His extensive work includes not only various proposals and periods, but even different techniques. With the title “Más allá de la semejanza”, the exhibition in the MAMBA brings together 74 unique works produced by the artist between 1897 (when he was only 16 years old) and 1972 (a year before his death) that are part of the collection of the Musée National Picasso-Paris that collects his greatest legacy with 1600 drawings.
The exhibition includes works of all facets and lines of research of Picasso. There are realistic and intimate drawings of his youth, the time blue; and also covers his years of cubism.
Antonio Berni was an Argentine muralist and an one of the figures more relevant of Rio de La Palta. The exhibition “Revelaciones sobre papel” curated by Marcelo E. Pacheco, includes 222 drawings from the artist’s entire career.
Sample selection consists of drawings, illustrations, prints and murals and travel books.
••Antonio Berni: Revelaciones sobre papel. 1922-1981••¡Llegó el día! Hoy a las 18:30 inaugura la gran exhibición con 222 obras de Antonio Berni en el Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires.Equipos de Curaduría, Patrimonio, Producción y Montaje trabajando juntos en la sala para recibir al público. ¡Los esperamos!
Posted by Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires on Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Useful information about the exhibition of Picasso and Berni at the Museum of Modern Art
- Museum of Modern Art of Buenos Aires.
- Address: Avenida San Juan 350. CABA
- From December 12 to February 28, 2017.
- From Tuesday to Friday from 11 to 19 h.
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 11 to 20 h.
- Mondays closed (except holidays).
- Ticket: ARG $20.
- TIP: Tuesdays admission is free.
- Every day there are two guided tours of the exhibition held by the curators of the Museum at 12 and 4 pm.
- There will also be a special guided visit held by Laura Hakel, Assistant Curator of the exhibition, on February 21 at 5 pm.
- For more information click here.