Tourists visiting El Calafate surely are also interested in knowing the best dishes of the Patagonian cuisine. The town offers several restaurants of excellent quality.
Today we recommend you the Restaurant & Bar Igloo, located on a hill with panoramic view of Argentino Lake, the village of El Calafate and the Andes Mountain Range, offering the possibility to enjoy fantastic sunsets.
The restaurant belongs to the Esplendor El Calafate Hotel, it has a capacity for 50 guests, and a menu of regional cuisine and cellar with a selection of the best wines. The chef prepares thoroughly contemporary cuisine without forgetting the typical flavors of Patagonia as the lamb or trout. You will be surprised with his gourmet proposal, result from the combination of the Patagonian flavors, with its best colours, meat and fruits.
It also has a bar with capacity for 30 people, special to enjoy the tea time with pastries and sweets or at night to drink something with a Patagonian table. The bar offers national and imported drinks and a menu with classic and original drinks. The bar has a design and pleasant atmosphere to rest after visiting the Argentine glaciers.
- Juan Domingo Perón, 1143. It is located 700 m from the shopping mall, 78 km from the Perito Moreno glacier and 21 km from the Comandante Armando Tola International Airport.
- From 12:00 pm to 01:00 am: The bar offers national and imported drinks and a menu with classic and original drinks. Coffe and different types of infusions.
- From 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm: The restaurant offers two varieties of menu. Midday menú contains elaborate sandwiches with different breads and pizzas. It also offers five choices of main dishes and entries.
- From 19:00 to 23:00 pm: The dinner menu offers a cuisine gourmet, with regional products where there is the possibility to choose different entries, main dishes, including regional meats, such as Patagonian lamb and rainbow trout It also has an exclusive wine cellar with the best wines in the country.
Lunch box service
- The restaurant prepares lunch box service for tours that are made every day.