Today we share you 3 options to visit the Uruguayan capital: Tourist Bus (ideal if you have short time), with Fans Football Tours (if you’re a football fan) or through the Free Walking Tour (an alternative way to get to know the city, especially if you like walking)
How to visit Montevideo? 3 options to visit the Uruguayan capital
1) Tourist Bus: If you choose to do a weekend getaway to the capital of Uruguay, you can take advantage of the tourist Bus of Montevideo, a good choice for exploring the city and its main attractions in a short time. The system is the same of the large cities of Europe, the Hop On Hop Off, where you can travel to the different neighborhoods and also receive the information of what you are seeing in different languages. The service is carried out on a regular basis and the tour includes the main neighborhoods: Ciudad Vieja, Centro, Aguada, Prado, Tres Cruces, Parque Batlle, Pocitos, Punta Carretas and Parque Rodó.
The frequency is 60 minutes and the total length of the circuit is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Tickets: The Tourist Bus of Montevideo proposes two options: a ticket for 24 hours and a ticket for 48 hours.
2) Fanáticos Fútbol Tours: 1st uruguayan company committed to turism & football. Formed by uruguayan football fans specialized in football history are willing to show our clients an unforgettable tour, talking always the same language: FOOTBALL.
Feel and breath the passion and thrill of Uruguayan Football from whithin the stands, with both security and comfort. We want visitors to leave after the final whistle having taken part in something truly Uruguayan and unique.
3) Free Walking Tour: This proposal has no fixed price – either it is free but that tourists gives the tip that want at the end of the tour – and does not require advance booking. This tour is designed to bring Uruguayan culture to visitors with local guides, in a safe and economical manner. During two hours of walking through the old town with stops in the Rambla and the Zabala square until you reach the Mercado del Puerto. On Facebook, Free Walking Tour Montevideo, can find more information.
- Meeting Point: Plaza Independencia.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 11.00 and 14.30. Saturday at 14.00 hs.